The guest room is finally beginning to take shape! We laid the floor in there last month and a couple of weeks ago Mr. installed the baseboards. I still need to touch up the nail holes with paint and caulk the tops, but it already looks sooo much better! We went with the 5 1/4″ baseboards instead of the 3 1/4″ that are throughout the house. It gives it a more modern and awesome look!
And this past weekend, we updated the ceiling fan. I painted the ceiling fan blades at our last house, but this time we went for the whole shebang! 🙂 We figured if we screwed it up, we were going to replace the fans anyway, so we had nothing to lose. But you know what? Mr. did his magic and it turned out great!
Here is what we started with…
And this is what we ended up with…
It looks like a brand new fan! So now you know what we’ll be doing with the other two bedroom fans! 🙂
I want to paint the furniture in the guest bedroom, as every single piece in there is a different color. I’ve added some pictures and decor already, but not sure what I’ll keep in this room. This owl picture will stay for sure, as my daughter painted it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago and I love it!
We have a few things left on the to-do list to complete, but we are close and I get to check off a couple more items.
- paint walls/ceiling √ (1/2 completed – still need to paint the ceiling)
- paint baseboards/trim work √ (this is also only half finished-I still need to paint the trim around the doors)
- replace blinds with white rollup shades (thinking I may leave the blinds and just add some curtains)
- replace ceiling fan/lights √
- replace two recessed lights with updated LED recessed lighting √
- replace bedroom & closet doors
- replace flooring √
Y’all have a great day!